As part of the university's commitment to economic development and outreach, CTL hosts a variety of events to create connections between the Cornell campuses, industry members, entrepreneurs, and investors.
On April 3rd, attendees from across the region gathered at Ithaca College, in Ithaca, NY, to find out what Upstate New York has to offer in the field of bioscience. Unique individuals representing various sectors of life sciences shared their experiences and advice during panels. Attendees had the opportunity to ask questions, network, and gain an idea of what the future holds for them in the bioscience industry. Bioscience-related companies from a 15-county region of Upstate New York were in attendance to meet with prospective employees to review their skills, give them advice, discuss opportunities, and screen for employment.
Concurrent Panel A: How to Land a Biocareer Job
- Mary De Souza, Recruitment Outreach Consultant, Cornell University
- Kim Grant, Business Development Manager, Applied Sciences Group
- John Langkopf, Recruiter, Aerotek Scientific
Concurrent Panel B: Life Science Careers in Business/Industry
- Eric Eisenhut, Managing Partner, KensaGroup
- Andy Maltese, Fluids Plant Manager, Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
- Jennifer Murray, Director, Global Regulatory Affairs, Bausch & Lomb
Concurrent Panel C: Life Science Careers in Public Service/Government/Non-Profit
- Jose Lozano, Director, Ithaca Area Waste Water Treatment Facility Environmental Laboratory
- Lara Litchfield-Kimber, Deputy Director, Sciencenter
- David Syracuse, Science Teacher, Tompkins-Seneca-Tioga BOCES
To view the panelist bios, please click here.
To view photos from the event, please click here.
This year's exhibitors included iSciWNY, Cornell University Recruitment & Employment Center, Transonic Systems, Aerotek Scientific, Phoenix Equipment Applied Sciences Group, Opus Scientific, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc., and Ithaca Area Waste Water Treatment Facility.