As part of the university's commitment to economic development and outreach, CTL hosts a variety of events to create connections between the Cornell campuses, industry members, entrepreneurs, and investors.
Boot Camp 2012
On October 23rd, CCTEC hosted a day-long workshop and networking event focused on starting a company. Startup Boot Camp featured panelists who shared practical advice on pitching a business and building a management team. Exercises challenged attendees to work together to develop a pitch. Attendees connected with others who share their passion and ambition for entrepreneurship. The event was followed by a networking cocktail reception.
Elements of a Pitch
This panel will cover specific items to address in a pitch, including the introduction, team, problem and market, solution, competition, business model, and what you need to make your business a success.
- Zach Shulman, Managing Partner, Cayuga Venture Fund (Moderator)
- Fred Barken, Angel Investor, Ithaca, NY
- Greg Galvin, President and Chief Executive Officer, Kionix, Inc.
- Lou Walcer, Director, McGovern Family Center for Venture Development in the Life Sciences
Making the Pitch
A discussion on length of the pitch, how to present, what to bring with you, which team member(s) should present, and what investors are looking for during a pitch.
- Charles Valauskas, Valauskas Corder (Moderator)
- Ken Bradley, Venture Partner, ARCH Venture Partners
- Vincent Chun, Vice President, Allied Minds, Inc.
- Theresa Mazzullo, Chief Executive Officer, Excell Partners, Inc.
Building a Management Team to Operate a Startup
Find out how to get an entrepreneur on board, what the entrepreneur does for the company, and the necessary qualifications of a management team.
- Zoe Wang, Partner, Jun He Law Offices (Moderator)
- Bryant Guffey, Chief Executive Officer And Co-Founder, ZetrOZ
- Lee Henderson, President/Chief Executive Officer and Founder, Vybion, Inc.
- Alan Paau, Executive Director & Vice Provost, CCTEC
To view photos from the event, click here.