As part of the university's commitment to economic development and outreach, CTL hosts a variety of events to create connections between the Cornell campuses, industry members, entrepreneurs, and investors.
Boot Camp 2011
On June 16th, CCTEC hosted a one-day event focused on the issues and challenges involved in starting a technology company. Startup Boot Camp featured panels of experts who discussed the process of starting a company including what you need to know before you take the leap, Cornell and community resources, organizing the startup, and making the pitch.
Startup Boot Camp also featured a keynote presentation during lunch. Steven Gal, Visiting Associate Professor of Clinical Entrepreneurship at the Johnson School and Serial Entrepreneur, spoke about his experiences as a serial entrepreneur. To view his presentation, click here.
The event culminated with a networking cocktail reception held in the atrium of the Biotechnology Building. This was a great opportunity for attendees to network and connect with fellow entrepreneurs.
What You Need to Know Before You Take the Leap
- Judy Albers, Founder & Facilitator, Pre-Seed Workshop-New York
- Robert Buhrman, Senior Vice Provost for Research, Cornell University
- Margaret Bynoe, Co-Founder & Chief Scientific Officer, Adenios, Inc.
- Robin Chadwick, Partner/Shareholder, Schwegman, Lundberg & Woessner
- Arthur Soroken, Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer, MADathletic, Inc.
Associate Professor, Microbiology & Immunology, Cornell University
Cornell & Community Resources
- John Jaquette, Executive Director, Entrepreneurship@Cornell (E@C)
- Tom LiVigne, Director, Cornell Real Estate
- Mitchell Patterson, Director of Business Retention & Expansion, CenterState CEO
- Michael Stamm, President, Tompkins County Area Development (TCAD)
- John Tracy, International Trade Specialist, US Department of Commerce
Organizing the Startup
- Stephen Curry, Chief Executive Officer, ADispell, Inc.
- Eric Eisenhut, Managing Director, KensaGroup, LLC
- Bill Foster, President, BioWorks
- John Spoonhower, Chief Technical Officer, SensiVida Medical Technologies
- James Zhu, Partner, Jun He Law Office
Making the Pitch
- Nasir Ali, Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Upstate Venture Connect
- Frederick Barken, Angel Investor, Ithaca, NY
- William Greener, Intellectual Property Attorney, Bond Schoeneck & King
- Justin Kvasnicka, Fund Manager, Big Red Venture Fund
- Jennifer Tegan, Partner and VP Finance/Administration, Cayuga Venture Fund