As part of the university's commitment to economic development and outreach, CTL hosts a variety of events to create connections between the Cornell campuses, industry members, entrepreneurs, and investors.
Inventions Roundtable™ - Life Science Research Tools
November 18, 2011 - 9:00am - 1:00pm
Open to: Invitation-only
This event featured presentations on emerging life science research tools. Invited guests provided feedback in the areas of marketability and applications.
The presentations included:
- Method to Measure ATP Levels at Specific Localized Spots in Cells
Tim Ryan, Professor, Biochemistry
- Identification of Mechanisms of Drug Action and Resistance
Olivier Elemento, Assistant Professor, Physiology and Biophysics
- Efficient Identification of Ubiquitination Sites Using Monoclonal Antibody and Proteomic Analysis
Guoqiang Xu, Postdoc, Pharmacology
- Method to Design and Apply Short RNA Sequences to Detect Small Molecule Fluorophores in Cells
Samie Jaffrey, Associate Professor, Pharmacology
- Mouse with BDNF Val(66)Met Polymorphism
Francis Lee, Professor, Psychiatry
- Progranulin Knockout Mouse Models for Studying Frontotemporal Dementia
Aihao Ding, Professor, Microbiology and Immunology
- Conditional Knockout Mouse Models of Cereblon Function
Joe Higgins, Professor, Pediatrics
Click here to view photos from the event.