As part of the university's commitment to economic development and outreach, CTL hosts a variety of events to create connections between the Cornell campuses, industry members, entrepreneurs, and investors.
Medical Device Development Boot Camp™
May 10, 2012 - 8:30am - 7:00pm
Open to: The Cornell community and all those interested in medical device development.
Attendees learned the keys to building a competitive medical device. Information and expert advice for medical device entrepreneurs from industry veterans, investors, and FDA and patent advisors.
- Obtaining Patents, Avoiding Mistakes
- Navigating the Regulatory Maze for Device Registration
- Health Care Reform's Impact on Medical Device Innovation
- Funding Emerging Medtech Ventures
- How Much Preclinical Testing is Needed?
- A Dialogue to Introduce Adaptive Designs in the Medical Device Setting
- Safety Surveillance for Medical Devices
- Development in the US and Europe - Pros and Cons
- Case Studies: Successes and Lessons Learned
For more information and to download the presentations, click here.
To view photos from the event, click here.