As part of the university's commitment to economic development and outreach, CTL hosts a variety of events to create connections between the Cornell campuses, industry members, entrepreneurs, and investors.
Inventions Roundtable™ - Therapeutics for Stroke, Spinal Cord Injury, and Neurodegenerative Diseases
June 28, 2012 - 9:00am - 1:30pm
Open to: Invitation-only
This event featured presentations on emerging therapeutics for stroke, spinal cord injury, and neurodegenerative diseases. Invited guests provided feedback in the areas of marketability and applications.
The presentations included:
- Novel Small Molecule Activators of HIF to Treat CNS Trauma, Neurodegeneration, Myocardial Infarction, and Anemia
Irina Gazaryan, Assistant Professor, Neuroscience
- Protein Therapeutics for Spinal Cord Injury and Traumatic Brain Injury
- Cell Therapy to Protect the Brain from Ischemic Cell Death
Josef Anrather, Associate Professor, Neuroscience
- Repurposed Compounds to Improve Behavioral Impairments, Neuronal Loss, and Prolonged Survival
- Novel Small Molecule Retinoids for Alzheimer's
Click here to view photos from the event.